When it comes to studying abroad, Indian students are pioneers in that matter. Until recently, no country sent more students abroad as much as India.Though China may now have crept into the first place, India still maintains a strong second in this regard, with nearly 270,000 studying abroad as per last count- a number that could only have gone up since then. However, studying abroad is no cakewalk, as well as getting into a university in the first place. One of the most challenging aspects is getting a visa – and not just in terms of meeting all the requirements, but also in terms of finding out what these requirements are, in the first place. When should you apply? Where should you apply? Who can I ask questions? There’s loads of information out there, but finding out what's relevant to you can sometimes be as complex a process as applying itself.
Aara consultancy help in cracking the VISA interviews and giving correct and tranparent process expalantion to the students so that they do not miss out on any of the documents required. Getting a VISA is very important, as denial at such a near stage of achieving your dreams will make the students regret even worse. Student need to be up to date not only with all documents but also with answers.
Aara consultancy would help in each and every way possible, to make sure that the students are all set for the VISA process. Different countries have different VISA processes. Some of them are mentioned below :
Please note the process for obtaining a student VISA (F-1 visa) :
1. Complete the online Visa Application Form DS 160. After completing the online visa application, you will be required to pay the non-refundable visa application fee. You are required to pay it before your interview. It can be paid online or through a bank transaction as well.
2. Print the application form confirmation page, to bring to your interview.
3. Schedule a biometric appointment and interview appointment.
4. For the Biometric appointment, you will be required to appear in person to get your photograph clicked for the visa and get your fingerprints scanned.
5. At the Personal interview, the interviewer will ask you questions about your choice of course, college, finances, and intent of coming back. If he/she is convinced, they will keep your passport with them to get the visa stamped.
6. F-1 student visas can be issued up to 120 days before the starting date of your course of study. However, you will not be allowed to enter the United States on F-1 status earlier than 30 days before your start date.
You can apply for an Australian Student Visa, maximum of 124 days prior to the commencement of your course. Also, you can travel to Australia maximum 90 days prior to the start of your course.
Under the new SSVF Guidelines, the Australian Student Visa process is completely online. Here are the steps you need to follow :
1. To start an online application, you will need to create and log into your Immiaccount.
2. Applicants should fill the visa application form corresponding to the visa subclass 500.
3. To track your application, you will again need to login to your Immiaccount. You can use your account to attach documents, update passport details, change email-Id and address details and check the progress of your application.
4. A Transaction Reference Number (TRN) is a unique number assigned to each online application. You will need this to track and manage your application, identify when you need to communicate with the visa center and check your visa entitlements.
Documents required for the VISA process are as follows :
1. Valid Passport - Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in Australia.
2. Non-immigrant Visa Application
3. Application fee payment receipt
4. Confirmation of Enrolment Form (COE) - To obtain a visa to study in Australia you must be fully enrolled in an Australian institution and receive a “Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)”. These forms are issued by the Australian institution you will be attending. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
5. Acceptance letter from your host university, this will include the proposed study plan
Overseas health insurance receipt (OSHC)
Recent digital photographs
Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
English language test scores
Your intent to depart Australia upon completion of the course of study
Evidence of financial capacity
Step 1 - Check if you qualify
You must be able to show that you have :
A confirmed place at the school, university or college where you intend to study. It is called a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS).
Enough money (also known as ‘maintenance or funds’) to cover your course fees and living costs in the UK.
Step 2 - Get your documents ready which are as follows :
A completed student visa application form
A letter of acceptance on the course - Your approved education provider will give you an acceptance letter (CAS) and a visa letter which are official and unconditional offers of a place, on the course of study. The visa letter must be issued no more than six months before you apply. The applications where the visa letters are older than six months, will be refused.
Having a visa letter does not guarantee that the application will be successful. The applicant must meet all requirements of the category and any other requirements of the immigration rules.
Proof of funds - The money you need to show covers your course fees for your first year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. The amount you will need, depends on whether you are applying as a child or adult and also whether you will be studying in or out of London. You must show that you have held the money for at least 28 days. The end of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application. You must show the following amount of money to meet basic living costs (not including fees) for a period of up to nine months i.e. 7.5 Lacs for nine months if you are living in London and 6.15 Lacs for nine months if you are living outside London.
The visa fees payment confirmation receipt
Original mark sheets/provisional certificates
Scoresheet of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, GRE etc.
Step 3 - Apply online
You will need to register and create an account on the official UK Visa website.
When you have completed your online application form, you will need to print and sign your completed form. You must use the online appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application center. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number.
Step 4 - Pay your application fee.
Step 5 - Visit the visa application center on the appointed date. You must book and attend an appointment at the visa application center to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
Steps to be followed for a Canadian Student Visa are as follows :
1. To apply online you must have an access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents for uploading and have a valid credit card for payment. You will still be required to provide a finger scan at the regional Visa Application Centre (VAC). Remember, in the case of an Online Application you need to visit the VFS offices to hand your passports and would have to provide the confirmation of form and fee payment as well. the steps would only vary in terms of documents you need to carry to the VAC.
2. Pay the processing fee - Note that when submitting an application via the VFS, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to VFS Global service charges. The processing fee is non-refundable in all cases.
3. If your spouse/common-law partner and/or children are accompanying you and you are applying for temporary resident visas, work permits or study permits for them, then you will need to pay the appropriate processing fees for them.
4. Submit your application and supporting documents - You have to visit the nearest VFS office. Once you are there, pay the service charges and hand them your complete application to obtain a receipt. This receipt contains your unique tracking number which will be needed to track the progress of your application online.
5. In case your application is approved, you will receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting for your passport. You can submit the passport and passport request letter in person or through VFS. You would be provided with a Temporary Resident Visa and a Letter of Introduction.